Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer & Sandwiches

Comfort food at its finest. Share a family favorite recipe you loved as a child.

Summer & sandwiches.  These two things will always go together as one of my favorite childhood memories.  This wasn't just any sandwich but a sandwich made by my mom and passed down from her childhood memory. 

Peanut Butter, Mayonnaise and Pickle Sandwich.

To make this sandwich perfect you must first toast the bread.  Once this is done you put a light layer of mayonnaise on one slice, peanut butter on the other and finish it off with pickle slices in between.  

It goes best with a glass of lemonade and is always finished off with a fudgesicle.

I can eat one of those today and I'm instantly reminded of summer days of swimming and playing without any cares in the world.   Oh, to be young again....

6 comments:

  1. What an unusual combination! My mother used to make me vegemite (a spread found in the UK/NZ/Australia) and date sandwiches. I loved them, although I wouldn't eat one now as an adult! :) Visiting from Mama Kat's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my grandma liked that combo--sounds really strange but maybe I'll give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I wouldn't think to put that combination together on a sandwich...interesting!
    Stopping by from Mama Kat's :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this, and am so curious I think I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. And people thought my peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches were odd. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind, but I will just take your word for it on this one!

    ~ Visiting from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete