Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Memorable First Date

Describe a Memorable First Date  (Mama Kat's Writing Workshop)


Back in 2000, I traveled to Australia and ended up staying for almost six months.  I met a lot of wonderful people and had a memorable time.   In an effort to keep me in the great land down under I had many people trying to set me up with an Australian man.

My second of my three blind dates, down under, was a memorable first date.   He picked me up at the house I was staying in.   He was very tall and also very polite.   He began to ask me the general get to know you questions.   We were less than 10 minutes into our date when he asked what I had done in Sydney.  I told him I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge.   He asked me what I thought of it and I gave him my honest answer.  It was fun, but not worth the money.  That is when he told me that we were climbing the Bridge as part of our date.  Oops...I spoke too soon. 



Despite my blunder it was a very fun date.   But I am no longer in Australia because we never went on a second one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment