Monday, June 27, 2011

First Kiss

My four year old had his first kiss.  A real face to face, lip to lip kind of kiss.  At least this is the first one I was able to witness so I can't completely verify that it was his first. 

It caught me off guard a little.  He is great friends with this girl so it wasn't a stranger, but still I wasn't expecting it.  

It made me a little sad at first.  My boy is growing up and he will have many more most of which I won't be able to witness.

Then it made me wonder.  How do these kids learn these things?  They are obviously watching us (my husband and I) and others and know that kissing is socially acceptable and is a way to show affection to someone.  Is this what he is thinking?   Does he even think about why he should kiss her?  

And to think he is only four.  There are many other adventures and experiences I will have as a mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment