Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Soccer Junkie

I've grown up playing soccer and met my husband playing soccer but I have never considered myself a "soccer junkie".  I'm admitting to it now.  Today the Women's U.S. team played their first game in this year's World Cup.    It was on earlier today but I had plans to meet a friend with her boy.  I considered canceling so I could stay home and watch the game.  I'm serious.  However, I discovered that the game was going to be rebroadcast this evening. 

I went to the park and shielded myself from any type of news feed so that I would not learn the outcome of the game.  In fact I didn't even call my parents because I thought they might just leak the score to me.   So I was able to watch the game tonight with few distractions.  I admit I'm a soccer junkie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment