Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ode to my soccer mom.

You are the definition of a soccer mom.
Playing on your own team.
Coaching our teams.
Practicing my soccer skills with me in the backyard.

Your enthusiasm for sports is contagious. 
A fall sunday does not go by without football on TV. 

Your competitiveness, I'm afraid, has been inherited.
My heart races and my blood pressure rises when cheering for my favorite team.

You have brought joy to my life through the love of sports.

Thank you for being my soccer mom so that I can now become a soccer mom!

I love you Mom!

5 comments:

  1. Your soccer mom played on her own team? That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! What would we do without our mothers and their participation in our lives? We really don't realize how much they did until we have kids of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't imagine my mom playing soccer?! Or myself for that matter. LOL You must both be in great shape! Nice Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those mom memories that were perhaps created without conscious effort, but created so much of who were are, and how we parent our little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that your mom played soccer and coached. I would have loved to see my mom do that.

    ReplyDelete