Sunday, May 1, 2011

Electron Boy

A few weeks ago we were able to attend a dinner with the Sounders.  This dinner was hosted by some friends who bid on it a Make-A-Wish auction.   It was a very fun night especially since we are big Sounders fans.

Our Local Make-A-Wish organization granted a wish that I will always remember.  Just thinking about it causes my heart to melt.   The simple story is a boy's wish was to be a super hero.  The creative team at Make-A-Wish devised a plan and turned him into Electron Boy.  You can read more about it here. 

Through the wonderful world of social media Electron Boy became pretty famous and even had a comic book made for him.   We ordered five of them.  

I think about this little boy and his story so often.  It makes me sad knowing there are kids with terminal illnesses.  Now that I am a mother I have more empathy for the parents.   On the flip side, it gives me great joy knowing there are organizations and people in this world that truly care for others. 

Now I'm praying Electron Boy will be able to save many more people from electrical outages or whatever he is needed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment