Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My first car

Describe your first car.   (Mama Kat's Writing Workshop)


My first car I had to share with my brother and sister.  In fact, it was my brother's and I could use it if he wasn't using it.   I really didn't have to share it with my sister because she refused to drive it.  That's how special it was. 

Pontiac 6000 LE.  Burgundy.  I can't even remember what year it was.

Since I shared it with my brother it was always on empty.  He had a way of leaving it empty so that I could fill up his gas tank for him.  (Some things never change because he still does this with our family.   Fortunately we don't really share cars with him anymore). 

The car was a boat.  I always felt safe in it.   Another safety feature was the fact that it didn't make it much past 35 miles per hour.  If I tried driving it on the freeway I had to stay in the right hand lane because I was never sure if it would get up to the required speed limit.  

The keys were always left in the ignition but no one ever took it.  Toothbrushes were left on the dashboard since my brother brushed his teeth on the way to school.  (the worst is when I would discover my toothbrush in the car)

The Pontiac 6000 finally died but it was always faithful. 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect car for a young person. Huge and can't go past 35 miles/hour.

    I would have been so upset with my brother if he always left it empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Toothbrushes...that would so make me go EEww

    ReplyDelete
  3. So then, if you shared this care it really wasn't YOUR first, right? Pretty risky leaving the keys in the ignition--I'm surprised no one took it. My first was a Rambler. Here's the link to my post: http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-first-cara-sad-tale-writers-workshop.html

    ReplyDelete