Monday, May 23, 2011

Mushroom prank

When I was in college my dislike for mushrooms was pretty strong.   I did not like it on or near anything I ate.  If they were on a pizza, which they often were, I couldn't just pick them off.  I had to order a completely new pizza slice.   If a mushroom touched it I didn't want anything to do with it.

My roommates knew this about me and were very surprised when I actually bought a can of mushrooms for a pizza making party.  (This clearly shows how much I loved my roommates and the friends we had over).

After the party was over we still had half a can of mushrooms left.  Not wanting to waste food, being on a college budget, I left the half can of mushrooms in the refrigerator.  I told my roommates they could eat the rest of them.

A few days later the can of mushrooms were gone and I thought nothing of it.

Then I found them.  Four plastic bags filled with mushrooms.  The first bag was under my pillow.  The second in my shoes.  Another on the windshield of my car.  And the last one I found while pulling the books out of my bookbag.

At first I was disgusted.  The thought of mushrooms anywhere near my personal belonging caused me to cringe.   Then I realized these mushrooms were in plastic bags and they wouldn't harm me.   It was a great prank and it was done in such a way that I wouldn't really be all that mad.  I have to give credit to my roommates for the creative idea that they came up with.

Since this prank my disgust for mushrooms is the same but I can handle mushrooms near my food and I don't mind picking them off. Although that wouldn't be my first choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment