Thursday, January 17, 2013

4 days later - My Seahawks Depression



I like to blame this on my mother.  I'm really way to competitive and care way too much about sports.   When it comes to being competitive I'm not sure who would win, but probably my mom.  She has a little more fight in her.   I did get most of my genes from my dad.



Anyways, Sunday the Seahawks played in the divisional playoff game.  They were on a hot streak!   They are peaking at the right time and all cylinders were on full steam.  So when they started off losing 20 - 0 at half time I was a wreck!  I didn't know what to think or what to do.  If we were at home, I think my house would have been spotless.  (well, maybe not but I can still dream)  Nerves and anxiety were messing with every part of me.   And then it started happening just like it has the last five games.  The Seahawks hit all their cylinders and they were on fire!   A 20 point deficit quickly turned into a one score game.  But with 6:30 left in the game.  I stopped watching.   I couldn't take it anymore. 

Without rehashing too many of the details, the Seahawks were 31 seconds away from the biggest comeback in NFL postseason history.  Instead, we lost.  And I cried and wondered again why I take this stuff so seriously and personally. 

Four days later I'm still having a hard time.  I keep trying to look forward to what the next years of Seahawks will bring.  But I just might have to turn the game off again, I'm not sure I can handle all this stress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment