Monday, February 18, 2013

Gold Rush



My husband and I have a few shows we like to watch.  Lately we have been getting into a show on the Discovery channel called Gold Rush.  The show follows 3 different mining operations in Alaska.   It is interesting to watch as they encounter a variety of problems in their mining quest.  Personally, I think they make it into a lot of unnecessary drama.  But it certainly makes for an entertaining show.  

Parker is our favorite character.  He just graduated high school and has been a gold miner for a few years.  He has no ambition to go to college, mostly because he is seeing how much his hard work is paying off. 



One of the reasons I like this show is because it gets me thinking about why people mine and what motivates people to do certain things.   I don't think I would ever want to be a miner but I can see how some people would find it exciting and rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment